Friday, December 18, 2009

Letters: Holiday letter from JQ


Happy Holidays! To Vince Lawrence and Slang Music Group.

A year and a half ago, I was an artist sitting at home typing out my rhymes on my laptop. Now I'm proud to say I've had a single play on major radio stations across the country, a mixtape (The Official Burbetto Mixtape) hosted by DJ Khaled and DJ Drama with over 10,000 web pages on Google Search, and 10 other records I feel could propel my career to the next level. None of this would have happened without Slang Music Group!

The time and effort Slang Music Group puts forth to its clients and their music is respectable. Each record is treated as its own life and expected to live up to its fullest potential once in the Slang system.

I have been to many other studios, including some of Slang's biggest competitors in the Chicagoland area, and not seen the care for clients or the expertise that I see present in Slang's staff - most specifically top engineer Brian Gaynor. Vince Lawrence has 25 years of mixing experience and IT SHOWS. I feel blessed to work with such an accomplished and talented team. I hope I get the opportunity to do more work with them as we bring in the new year!

Vince, thank you for serving not only as a mentor to me for building timeless music, but for taking me under your wing in the industry. I really appreciate you going out of your way to introduce me to some of your contacts and being a constant supporter of my music career.

>>See No Limits. Hear No Limits.<<

-JQ

No comments: